Organic Sottimano Barbaresco Basarin DOCG
To go to Sottimano website – click here
Size of Vineyard: 3.0 ha
Age of Vineyard: 25-60 years
Age of Vineyard: 13,000 btls/year
Yield: 40 quintal per hectare
Vineyards: The Barbaresco Basarin is produced from the cru of Basarin, in the area of Neive. It is an historical and very prestigious vineyard; its position, on the border between the zone of Neive and Treiso, together with high altitude gives the wines a particular note of spices with a hint of licorice, as well as great complexity and a considerable structure.
Vinification: The fermentation and the maceration on the skins are traditionally long and only with The fermentation and the maceration on the skins are traditionally long and only with natural yeasts. The malolactic fermentation and the ageing of the wine happens in French barrels where the wine stays on its lees for the entire period of the aging. 10% of the barrels are new, the remaining 90% have previously been used up to 4 times. There is no filtering and no fining prior to bottling.
The Barbaresco Basarin has a deep brillant red, an intense, persistent nose of fruits and spices, with some hints of dried rose, cherries, licorice and tobacco. On the palate it shows a good, frm body and very refined tannins, with notes of violet, mint and a fresh, vibrant fruit.
To watch Sottimano on youtube – click here