Organic Sottimano Langhe Nebbiolo 2019


Langhe Nebbiolo

DOC – Organic

100% Nebbiolo



Organic Sottimano Langhe Nebbiolo

To go to Sottimano website – click here

Location: Comune di Neive
Cru: Basarin
Size of the vineyard: 3.7 ha
Average production: 22.000

Vineyards: The Langhe Nebbiolo is produced from the vineyard of Basarin, in the area of Neive.It is a historical and very prestigious vineyard. Its position on the border between the zone of Neive and Treiso, together with the high altitude, give to the wines a particular note of spices with a hint of liquorice, as well a great complexity and a considerable structure. The vines are very young, about 14-15 years old, and for this reason, the grapes cannot yet express the richness of polyphenols or all the aromas and the “nuances” that an important cru like this could have. That’s why we decided to declassify it from Barbaresco DOCG to Langhe Nebbiolo.

Vinification: The fermentation and the maceration of the skins normally takes about 25 days. No selected yeasts are used. The malolactic fermentation happens in French barrels coopered expressively for us by Francois Frères in Burgundy. The wine stays in these barrels for approximately 14-16 months, half of this time on its lees.

15% of the barrels used for ageing this wine are new, the remaining 85% have previously been used up to 4 times. There is no filtering and no fining prior to bottling.

The Langhe Nebbiolo, due to the severe green harvest done during the summer, has a deep brilliant red, an intense, persistent nose of fruits and spices, with some hints of dried rose, cherries and tobacco. On the palate, it shows a good, firm body and very refined tannins, with notes of violet, mint and fresh, vibrant fruit. Alc. 14%

To watch Sottimano on youtube – click here

Additional information

bottle | case (5% discount)

bottle, case (5% discount)

You may also like…