Pumo Primitivo 2018 San Marzano
To go to San Marzano website – click here
Vine variety: Primitivo.
Area: San Marzano, Salento, Puglia. At about 100 meters above sea level.
Soil: Medium clay texture, shallow and with good skeletal soil.
Farming type: Espalier (5,000 vines per hectare).
Grape harvest: First week of September.
Vinification: Thermo-controlled maceration for about 10 days, followed by alcoholic fermentation with selected yeasts.
Ageing: In stainless steel tanks.
Tasting notes: Deep ruby red colour with violet reflections; complex bouquet with plum and cherry notes, spicy, with hints of rosemary and vanilla; a robust wine, smooth and balanced, easy to drink.
Best served with: Richly flavoured first courses, red meat, game, and hard cheese.
Serving temperature: 16-18 °C.
Watch San Marzano on youtube – click here
- CHINA WINE & SPIRITS AWARDS 2019 – BEST VALUE – Double Gold Medal
- BERLINER WEIN TROPHY 2019 – WINTER TASTING – Gold Medal
- JAPAN WINE CHALLENGE 2019 – Silver Medal
- MONDE SÉLECTION 2019 – Silver Medal
- SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION 2019 – Silver Medal