Primitivo di Manduria RISERVA “Anniversario 62” 2015

From: $59.90

download91 Robert Parker

This wine has won mass appeal in Puglia. It is ubiquitous in local wine bars and restaurants. The 2013 Primitivo di Manduria Riserva 62 Anniversario offers easy appeal and irresistible characteristics for those who like the soft and voluptuous side of oak-aged red wines.

Clear
Categories: , , , SKU: N/A

Description

VINE VARIETY: Primitivo.

VINES PER HA: 5000 bush vines.

PRODUCTION AREA: Very old vineyards selected in San Marzano and Sava.

The soil is mainly red with a fine texture and a generally calcareous underground with few emerging
rocks. The well-known redness of these soils is due to the presence of iron
oxides. The climate is characterised by high temperatures all year round, very little
rainfall and a wide temperature range between night and day, which has a
positive influence on the quality of the grapes. This is the central area of d.o.p.
”Primitivo di Manduria”.

HARVEST PERIOD: Second half of September.
VINIFICATION: Grapes are hand-harvested in advanced status of ripening.
Maceration: 18 days on 80% of the mass, 25 days on remaining 20%. Thermo-controlled
alcoholic fermentation with autochthonous yeasts at 24-26°C.

AGEING: 18 months in fine French and American wood barrels.

AGEING POTENTIAL: A wine that preserves its organoleptic characteristics for 7 years.

TASTING NOTES: Intense ruby red colour, wide and complex to the nose; fruity, with a prune and cherry jam aroma, with notes of tobacco,
slightly spicy. A full-bodied wine, soft and rich in fine tannins, with notes of cocoa,
coffee and vanilla in the end.

BEST SERVED WITH: Red meat, game, savoury first courses. Meditation wine.

SERVING TEMPERATURE: About 18°C.

Primitivo Riserva Anniversario 62 San Marzano

Additional information

bottle | case

bottle, case (10% Discount )

You may also like…