Alcohol Strength: 32% alc. vol.
Shelf Life: Indefinite
Maraschino Luxardo is a classic. The typical straw-plaited coated bottle is by now a true icon on the mass consumption scenario. It is one of the very few liqueurs in the world produced by distillation. It is obtained from the marasca, a sour cherry variety exclusively cultivated by Luxardo. The distillate is allowed to mature for two years in Finnish ash vats (this wood does not lend its colour even after many years of maturing), and is then diluted and sugared.
Perfume: Typical of marasca distillate, with an excellent intense aroma, fine and well amalgamated, without any aggressive tones.
Taste: Smooth but sharp, a sweet liqueur unusual for the punch of the distillate, which can be clearly perceived in spite of the moderate alcohol content. A rounded taste, and surprisingly persistent aroma.
Patented round bottle in green glass, with a red capsule and a hand-fitted straw wrap-around. The label includes some of the many medals won in international competitions from the mid 19th century to the present. The rear label contain serving suggestions and legal information.
- Neat or on the rocks as an after dinner drink
- With iced tonic water
- In orange juice for a refreshing drink
- Added to coffee
- In mixed drinks, in the several coded international cocktails, using Maraschino as an ingredient: Aviation, Emerson, Mary Pickford, Cuba Libre, Daquiri, Screwdriver, Derby Royal, York Special, Dewey Flip, Cider Cobbler, Gilmore Punch, etc.
- Over fruits: pineapples, strawberries, sliced oranges, fruit salad, etc.
- As flavour in confectionery and ice creams.